In a competitive market it is important to know that you are getting value for your money when booking a charter with Two Oceans Sport Fishing Charters.Make a booking
Reasons to book with us
- We are an established and experienced operator having run charters full time now for 13 years.
- We have a proven catch record currently standing around 95% success based on over 690 tuna charters.
- We have proven our ability by winning national competitions and setting records.
- We only use quality Penn International and Shimano tackle and both boats are fully equipped with this tackle. We also only use Black Magic standup harness’s to fight the tuna, in our opinion the best available on the market.
- Our boats, Two Oceans Marine Magnums are proven offshore and exceed American and European boat building safety standards. It is important to know that not all boats in South Africa are built to the same quality and with the same safety standards as there are currently no enforced building standards for vessels under 9m in South Africa. Make sure you know that the boats you are using are safe taking into consideration that we fish up to 40 nautical miles or about 70 km offshore.
- We carry all safety gear required by SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority) and our boats are checked annually by SAMSA.
- Big Catch and Obsession are equipped with a boat to land radio telephone so we can get in touch in an emergency.
- Big Catch and Obsession are powered by twin 250 horse power Yamaha outboards which are independently wired to separate battery banks. Yamaha outboards are legendary for their reliability and in the unlikely event of a problem on one engine the other is powerful enough to get the boat back home safely.
- On Offshore Tuna charters we will go up to 40nm or 70 km offshore to get you to the best fishing spots and average over 100nm or 185km travelled in the day to make sure we find the fish. We travel the distance and burn the fuel to get you to the best fishing spots as we want to retain our place as top tuna charter in South Africa.
Hi Dave, Just a short note in recognition of the excellent ‘entertainment’ you provided to myself and clients this past season. I think this is the 5/6th time I have taken clients on charter with you. As with all fishing trips one always entertains the possibility of ‘striking out’ – but I find myself thinking ” how big are they going to be this time? It’s a given we will catch!”
I have been on several different charter boats, but none that incorporate one into the crew like your set up – Its a hands on, in the thick of it, tuna fishing experience. When we get off the boat back at the dock, we know we have had a real days fishing, the tuna we take home (and invite as many friends as possible around so we can impress them with war stories of how hard and how long it fought) feels like its been earned.
I have spoken to seasoned tuna fisherman that can hardly believe that I have caught several 90kg tuna in a season, let alone in one trip. My clients never stop asking when I am organizing the next trip, it’s been a brilliant relationship building exercise. I look forward to several more successful fishing trips again this season. Regards Lucas
– Lucas Mcdowall, Trident Press, Cape Town April 2007
Please note we do cater for corporate events and can organize additional boats for larger groups. We regularly run competitions between our boats for larger corporate groups and we have use of the ABC tuna club facilities which is above the Lookoutdeck restaurant overlooking the Marina and harbour, to relax, enjoy a cold one and even braai after a charter. Its also a grat venue for prize givings.
The Fine Print
We require a 50% deposit to secure a date, full payment is due 14 days prior to the charter. If a charter is booking within 14 days, full payment is due. Accepted payment options are cash, bank transfer and credit card. Please note that credit card bookings are subject to a 4% surcharge and that payments can be made securely online from our website bookings page below via the VCS payment box or via our booking office. In the unfortunate event of Two Oceans cancelling a charter due to unsafe weather conditions we provide a full refund less the banks fees.
For more information please see our Terms & Conditions
Rates are in South African Rands (ZAR). Rates include all tackle, equipment, fishing licences, lunch (on full day trips), snacks and refreshments. Also included in your charter is part of the catch to take home with you if you would like to. We clean, fillet and package this for you as a complementary service. On tuna charters we normally cut up one yellowfin and several longfin tuna, from our experience over the years this is way more fish than the vast majority of our clients can cope with.